These are delicious fall pancakes using sweet potatoes! It was my mission to create a pancake using whole, real foods without sacrificing any flavor! This is a super healthy and delicious way to enjoy pancakes using very simple ingredients: sweet potato, eggs, & coconut flour with a warm apple cinnamon topping! This recipe is paleo & gluten free!
For the YouTube video of this recipe,
RECIPE (makes approx. 4 servings- make half of this recipe for approx. 2 servings)
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 2 cups diced)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 Cup coconut flour (note: this recipe works better with a thicker consistency of ground coconut flour. Make your own by putting shredded coconut in a food processor or buy one that isn't too powdery.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Apple Cinnamon Topping:
- Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Apples
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1. Boil pot of water.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and chop into small cubes. Place in a pot of boiling water & boil until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain.
3. Apple Cinnamon Topping: Dice apples. Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add the apples and cinnamon and cook until soft.
4. Dry Ingredients: Combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine, and set aside.
5. Wet Ingredients: Puree cooked sweet potatoes in food processor until smooth. Mix in eggs & vanilla. You may also do this by hand by mashing the sweet potato.
6. Add dry ingredients to sweet potato mixture.
7. Heat a griddle or pan and spray with coconut oil spray.
8. Pour small amount of batter onto griddle or pan. Keep the size small so that you are able to flip them! Flip after about 2 minutes, when the edges are dry/cooked. Keep the heat low so that the edges don't burn and the inside gets fully cooked.
9. Top pancakes with your apple mixture and maple syrup. Enjoy!