This meal is a frequent visitor in my home! I love the fun texture of spaghetti squash! And naturally, you want to pair your spaghetti with meatballs! I love how much flavor you can pack into super simple ingredients. It is dairy free, gluten free, paleo and whole30 approved!
Check out the video of this recipe here:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large egg, beaten.
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- salt & pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut Spaghetti Squash in half, lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place flat-side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes.
Make the meatballs:
3. Mince garlic.
4. Grate 1/2 of the onion.
5. Heat olive oil in a pan, add grated onion & garlic. Cook for a few minutes, until soft & aromatic.
6. In a large bowl, add egg, 1/4 cup almond meal, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper. Add the onion & garlic mixture.
7. Add ground turkey. Mix with hands until just combined.
8. (Option to add hot sauce!!)
9. Form meatballs into balls (approximately 19 meatballs) and place on baking sheet.
10. Bake meatballs for 17 minutes.
11. Heat olive oil in pan. Add 1 clove minced garlic, 1/2 diced onion. Cook until translucent.
12. Dice tomatoes and add to onion/garlic mixture.
13. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
14. Blend sauce in blender until smooth.
15. Season the cooked spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt & pepper.
16. Top spaghetti squash with meatballs and spoon over the sauce.