These dairy free, gluten free, dairy free bars are the PERFECT fall treat! Making your own oat flour using rolled oats in a food processor gives these bars a wonderful chewy texture. Make these for Thanksgiving or any holiday gathering!
½ cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar + 3 tbsp
¾ cup pumpkin puree (Make your own or buy canned! If canned- make sure the only ingredient is pure pumpkin!!)
1 egg (easily made vegan with a flax egg replacement)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
1 ¼ oat flour
Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line an 8x8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil.
3. To make oat flour, put rolled oats in a blender or food processor.
4. In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, coconut palm sugar, pumpkin, egg, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and combine.
5. Add the oat flour slowly, a little at a time, until just combined. Transfer this mixture to the pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
6. In a small bowl combine the 3 tbs sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Evenly sprinkle this on top. You probably won't use the entire mixture.
7. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
8. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Remove from oven and allow cake to sit in the pan for atleast 15 minutes.
Cut into 16 squares! Enjoy