Enchilada Sauce with Turkey Lettuce Cup Tacos
ENCHILADA SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp. all-purpose or gluten-free flour
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. oregano
1 1/2- 2 cups vegetable broth
1. Over low heat, add coconut oil to a small saucepan.
2. Add flour and whisk.
3. Add in all of the spices and whisk. It will turn thick like paste.
4. Then gradually add in the broth. Continue to whisk as you add it.
5. Simmer for about 5 minutes until thick.
6. Toss sauce with any combination of veggies or meat and stuff into a tortilla or lettuce cup for a taco or enchilada!
In my youtube episode, I mix this with diced bell peppers and ground turkey. Then, stuff filling into a lettuce cup and top with sliced avocado, shredded red cabbage and chopped cilantro!
Iceberg Lettuce Cups
Shredded Red Cabbage
Diced Bell Peppers
Note: The color of the sauce will vary depending on the color of your spices. For a red sauce, your chili powder and paprika need to be as RED as possible!