Butternut Squash Soup
This velvety soup is so comforting on a chilly fall or winter day. When this winter squash is in season, it has such a lovely sweetness and creates a beautifully smooth soup. This recipe is all about keeping it simple and highlighting the flavor of the butternut squash.
1 Butternut Squash, peeled and diced into cubes
1 Onion, diced
2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
1 can Low Sodium Chicken Broth (Or Vegetable Broth to make Vegan)
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 can Coconut Milk
1. Heat olive oil in large pot. Add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook another 3 minutes.
3. Add butternut squash, broth, ginger and cloves. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Add coconut milk and cook an additional 5 minutes.
5. Transfer soup from pot to a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
6. Serve while hot and enjoy!